Money isn’t everything, but God isn’t in short supply. Do your best and trust Him to provide.
and mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
a life of joy and peace. – John Newton
listen to my prayer;
From the end of the earth I call to you
when my heart is faint.
Lead me to the rock
that is higher than I,
For you have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the enemy. Psalm 61: 1-3
- Keep things Sunny. Keep daylight in your home by installing daylight light bulbs. When you buy lightbulbs at a hardware store they are generally marked with a “kelvin” measurement. Soft white bulbs are a classic choice for households, but daylight bulbs (between 5000 and 6000 kelvin) keep the happy sunlight look in your home even after dark. This was my first step, and it has really helped.
- Let There be Light…and Air. We all have things we need to do and can’t always go for walks when it’s nice out, so open the nearest window. You know that crisp, fall-smelling air will do wonders for your mood. If its cold out just open the blinds real daylight is even better than lightbulb daylight.
- Call for Back Up. Spend time with friends and family doing fun things. Bake some cookies, have a movie night, or build a camp fire. Whatever you can handle. You don’t need to be alone. If you feel things are more serious than simple company can fix, please seek help from a counselor. Nobody will judge you for it. If somebody does, ignore them. You’ll be glad you did when you start to feel alive again.
They tell me not to be so shy
Nor fear the scoffs that come with self-expression .
My heart as a vibrant bird of paradise shines
Proud of its color yet still hidden in my mind
Preferring the solace found in shadowed corners.
Saturated with thought, idea, and conviction;
Elated by plans of potential creation
But my brain is a shy and nervous soul.
When all that’s within me would shout out with passion
In flowing lyric or fiery word
As faithful counsel he stands just beside me
With questions of should you? How could you? and like.
Perhaps some are made to start a bit smaller
Stars in gorgeous array hide from the big city lights
For now I will shine for the hills and the country
Even a star can be shy sometimes.
- Coupons and sales (30% or more) are great. Utilizing either is helpful, utilizing them together feels like winning American Ninja Warrior….not really but it feels pretty great.
- Don’t use coupons as an excuse to live off of junk food! That makes up almost majority of coupons. Nevertheless, use sales and/or coupons when purchasing clothes, toiletries, cleaners, coffee, batteries, etc.
- Know how many you can use. Some coupons will have a 1 per purchase rule, others you can get away with up to 4.
- Know WHEN to shop. Holidays and changes of season mean sales. Know what clothing stores have the best deals, and sign up for coupons from them.
- Acknowledge its happening – Realize what is going on. Your mind is lying to you.
- Sort out the truth from the lies – Separate your wrongdoings from lame stuff that just happens. Bad stuff happens. It isn’t always your fault.
- Repent for anything you’ve done wrong – God is there to forgive and restore.
- Ask God for His peace, and claim it in Jesus name – Keep claiming it until you have it.
A dream I dreamed not long ago
Of water’s edge at twilight’s glow;
Of sound of waves and touch of breeze,
It was a lovely dream I dreamed.
And in my dream you too were there
Close by my side in night, sea air;
Hand held in hand we lingered here,
To watch the moon rise from the pier.